Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday 19 April 2014

#141: Whisky and 15 cigarettes a day is the secret of my good health' says Dorothy

Hardy pensioner Dorothy Howe has reached her 100th birthday - despite smoking nearly half a million cigarettes during her life.
The retired secretary took her first drag aged 16 and has puffed her way through 15 Superking Black ciggies every day since then.
She has smoked around 460,000 cigarettes over the last 84 years - costing £193,000 at today’s prices.


+2
100-year old Dorothy Howe puts her longevity down to her love of cigarettes and whisky

But despite the obvious health risks, Dorothy believes smoking is the secret to her old age - and a regular drop of whisky. Relaxing with her favourite tipple of Bell’s, she said: 'I put my health down to whisky and cigarettes. I only drink when I’m out but my doctor said I wouldn’t be alive without them. 'She's thought very highly of and we hope she's had a great time. It's a real achievement for a great woman.



No comments: